Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Humanity Is The Key

What comes to your mind first when you see this picture? :



Does it make you sad? Does it make you wonder where this child is from? Does it make you wonder why this child is thirsty? Does it make you want to give this child water?

What is the difference then between that picture and this one?:



The answer: Humanity. The difference is that people saw that child above, asked those questions and took the action necessary to see him with the liquid of life. Humanity. So simple, yet so forgotten.

No child should ever have to cry because they do not have water... or food... or shelter... or peace.

I have been taking a break from writing here because I find it hard of late to write because of the current state of our world. Constantly reporting about the climate disasters, lack of water access, state of water and the total lack of adequate attention to it all by those who only use the misery of others for their own gain etc. can take it's toll on a sentient soul. To see that the top picture is more prevalent than the bottom is simply unacceptable in a world where humanity is said to thrive.

I haven't given up, but I look around and see so many children touched by poverty, war, disease, hunger and I feel as though my writing here has then been totally ineffectual. I feel as though it has fallen on deaf ears. I hope I am wrong and I hope that when you look at the picture above it lights a spark within you to turn it into the bottom one. That is all I have ever aimed to do with this blog.

Thank you.

No comments:

Another World Water Day Gone

We see another World Water Day pass us by. The theme, Water For All, signifies that though some progress has been made we are woefully behin...