Saturday, March 23, 2019

Another World Water Day Gone

We see another World Water Day pass us by. The theme, Water For All, signifies that though some progress has been made we are woefully behind where we need to be to see that fulfilled. Throughout the years I have had this blog I have tried to write about this crisis on a consistent basis. The reason for that is simple...water is our life. If you ever stop to think about how much of your life you could not live without it you might be more inclined to agree with me.

I find it appalling that in the 21st Century there are still people around the world who do not know what it is like to turn a faucet and see water come out. In the U.S. where I am, water is taken for granted by most. Of course, that is not true in Flint, Michigan, Newark, Nj, and in other inner cities where the people there are expendable to govt and their cronies and private companies not in it for quality but profit. Turning on your faucet and getting nothing but poison is in essence getting nothing.

The question is, why is it still so hard to do something that is really not hard? How many waterborne deaths could be prevented by just being human? If you look around this world today, pollution, overuse, destruction of our oceans, is all being done by us. The effects of climate destruction as well being felt globally from Nebraska to Mozambique. Why is it there is always money and instant deployments to war, but not to bring aid and peace?

I think next year the theme of World Water Day should be a Day of Humanity. Because let's face it, without that the goals laid out to bring water to all will never be realized.

On a side note, my cancer returned last summer. I am again in chemotherapy and doing my best to fight this. In doing so, it becomes even clearer how important life and what sustains it is. If you are still following this blog, thank you. Even though I may not be here as much as I would like to be I will never waver in my passion for this Earth and what is truly important for our survival not just on World Water Day, but everyday.


Water For All

No comments:

Another World Water Day Gone

We see another World Water Day pass us by. The theme, Water For All, signifies that though some progress has been made we are woefully behin...