Friday, January 06, 2012
Climate Extremes of 2011: part one
I did a recap of 2011 regarding the extreme climate events we saw that have been the trend. I will say this is a much more daunting task than I had envisioned because without dispute, 2011 was the year climate change by our hand became indisputable. And even so, this was one of the underreported stories in 2011.
This is part 1 and covers not even barely the first three months nor all of the places where we saw these events occur. I will be continuing this in part 2 and perhaps even a part 3, with other different features to present the information.
I believe it is imperative that we understand the connection between our actions and the effects they are now having on the world we live in, our only home and the world community we share it with.
I will also be here to continue providing information on this in the coming year with the hope that we will see the consciousness and perspective necessary to address this in the time we have left to do so.
This is about the survival of humanity! Our agriculture and water resources especially are being hard hit by this and food prices reflect that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another World Water Day Gone
We see another World Water Day pass us by. The theme, Water For All, signifies that though some progress has been made we are woefully behin...
-
160 Syrian Villages Deserted Due To Climate Change DAMASCUS (AFP) – Some 160 villages in northern Syria were deserted by their residents in ...
-
I can't in good conscience have a water blog and not post about what is going on at Fukushima. Fukushima-The Ticking Nuclear Time ...
-
Living With Water Scarcity-World Must Act Now Living With Water Scarcity -- World Must Act Now Main Category: Water - Air Quality / Agricult...
No comments:
Post a Comment